Khumbulani Konco has shed light on his retrenchment as CEO of Bloemfontein Celtic.

However, what is puzzling to the long-serving official is the retrenchment process after he was the only one to be offloaded, despite several other candidates on the list.

Konco was shocked to learn of his fate on Monday, axed for what the club has described as a move to reduce its wage bill.

“Remember this whole thing came to me as a shock I didn’t see it coming, I need to be honest,” said Konco.

“What came out in the meeting is that the process came because of the challenges facing the club, of which they are well-documented.

“But when you look at the whole process and the end process, and what we know with regards to the retrenchment process, one can feel that the axe was aimed at someone in particular and only that person. The reason I say that is because in the consultation, some suggestions were given out and none were implemented. The letter came on the 15th of March that said ‘you are retrenched’ and it was only sent to me at that time,” he explained.

It is no secret that Konco and club boss Max Tshabalala haven’t been seeing eye to eye.

And the decision to get rid of the Konco, an influential figure in the club, has come as no surprise.

Konco has kept mum on his next move, but growing talk is that he is headed for Durban to join AmaZulu.

“I’ll have to sit down and consult before making my next move. But football is my life and one would always like to be in the football industry,” Konco said.

Total page visits: 76 Visits today: 4 Total site visits: 283411

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

error: Content is protected