The Minister of Tourism, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, has noted with concern the non-compliance by some restaurants since the move to alert level 2 of the COVID-19 risk adjusted strategy.

“We have received numerous complaints from ordinary law-abiding citizens, other operators and employees about the situation in these restaurants,” the Minister said on Tuesday.

Some restaurants are reportedly disregarding the curfew (effective between 10pm and 4am), offering take-away alcohol and are not enforcing social distancing and the wearing of masks, as required by law.

“This does not only risk these businesses’ licences but also endangering the safety of their loyal customers and dedicated workers,” Kubayi-Ngubane said.

The Minister has written letters to restaurants, insisting and appealing yet again for their co-operation.

She said the sector cannot risk having any of the hard-earned gains made thus far reversed, as this will have a devastating impact on the recovery of the sector.

Total page visits: 70 Visits today: 1 Total site visits: 283433

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

error: Content is protected